Wednesday, December 25, 2013

2 Goals And A Baby

There is no baby despite the title of this post. I just thought it was catchy. 2 men and a baby. 2 goals and a baby. Get it? Ok. Maybe not. On to the goals!

I read The Spectacular Now earlier this year. It was a pretty good book. It was one of the first books I read on my iPad after swearing I would only ever read paper books. Now I find myself rarely buying paper books.

I watched the movie yesterday. I'm having a lot of fun with the goal of watching a movie for every letter in the alphabet. I'm not going to count the The. So, my movie was an S.

The Spectacular Now is just sad. Not sad in a bad way. Sad in a sad way. Through out the movie and book, I didn't know if I liked the main character, Sutter Keely. He was frustrating. I realized, though, that he is just trying to figure out the world and making mistakes along the way like the rest of us. Not a hugger but he needed a hug. If only I could reach through a book or screen.

Speaking of rarely buying paper books, while Christmas shopping I picked up one. It was The Book Thief. It took me a minute to get into the book but once I did I couldn't put it down and blazed through in no time. I'm really excited to see the movie now. I'm also excited that I am starting another goal on the list and that is reading my height in books. A couple inches down and only about 5 feet and 3 inches to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment