Sunday, December 22, 2013

The 50 Questions&A Convo

The 50 questions that will free your mind is on my goal list. This is the conversation I had with my love about some of the questions. 

The questions are red.
He is bold.
I'm normal.
-----------

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?

22

Why?

I took a quiz that's going around Facebook and it told me I was 16. It's a dumb quiz.

haha

How old would you be?

I was going to say a little older at first.
But I don't know.
People always say I look younger (lately).
So maybe I'm just the right age for my age.

Yeah. I think your age fits you

Which is worse, failing or never trying?

Haha.I was like why is he asking me these questions. Then I realized it's the 50 questions.

haha

Which is worse failing or never trying?I think this is a silly question who would say failing?

Not many would say failing, but I think we tend to act like it a lot more.

Yeah. I'm afraid to do lots of things.

"If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?"
The same kind of goes for that third question too.

That is life.Sad but true.

"When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?"
The first four are sort of the same style.
haha

I think you will do more than you've said. And I think you will push me to do the same

I hope so.

"What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?"
That's a tough one.

That is tough. There is a lot of things that need a changin'.WORLD PEACE FOR ALL!What about you?

I want everyone to have someone who loves them... and know that.

Aww. That is sweet.I love it.I change my answer to that.

haha
Okay.
Speaking of which, maybe that's also why I like the idea of adoption so much. It kind of answers that in a practical way.
It does.That is what came to mind when you said it.It is beautiful.
You know what else is beautiful?

What?

The smell of fresh donuts wafting upstairs right now.
And you.

Haha.You tricked me.
I thought you were going to say me but you said donuts and then me

haha

Yeah.
Ok. Lets continue

"If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?"

"Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?"

Wait.We didn't answer!LOL

Oh, right.
hahahaha

I don't really get the question

What kind of work would make you happiest?

Being a wife and mother. Does that count/?

Sure.

What is your answer?

I like to teach people things that actually make a difference in their lives... or get people to do or try meaningful things that might have otherwise scared them.
So that could be anything from teaching my brother to read to helping someone take the first steps to moving abroad for the first time.

I feel lke you are beating me at these questions. Your answers are so much better.

What is that occupation called? I don't know. Teacher is what I've come up with for now.
Want to know a secret?

(I was also signing up for health insurance but now I'm done. 100% attention starting now)Yes.

hahaha
I've done this list before.
And I'm naturally the kind of person who tends to think about these kinds of things a lot.

What? really?
haha
You didn't even know what this list was

It's been years, but yeah.
Back in '06, '07, and '08, I got really into these kinds of self-help type blogs.

Do you still want to do it?

Marc and Angel's has been around for a while.
haha
Of course.
It's not like I'm consulting my premade list somewhere.
I just mentioned it because I have thought about these questions before.

Ok. Next question.

"Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?"

Being a hair stylist isn't really what I wanted to be when "I grew up" but I'm glad my path led to this. I love the feeling of making people feel wonderful about themselves.So, yes.

Sometimes too, you settle for what you're doing in order to get to do what you believe in... the important part, I think, is that you make sure that the "in order to" part really is in order to...

"If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?"

I'd have as many babies as I could really young so I could love on all of them so much more.You?

I try to live as though I'll die when I'm 30. That way, everything else is a bonus.
Right now, if I knew I'd die at 40, I wouldn't change anything about how I'm living right now... 'cept maybe save less for "after 40" retirement.
This is one where your answer feels much better than mine.

You can't always win.

"To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?"

I feel like I've had zero control.

Yeah?

But then again I've done everything to make my life go this way.It is a trick question

Ha.
It sort of is.
I guess there are some things that could be outside your control or your own positioning... like your parents moved a lot as a kid, your husband moved you and your family, etc.
When you say you've had zero control and that you've done everything to make you life go this way, is that a negative thing?

It could be

"Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?"

Doing the right things.

Me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment