1. Wake up! - How simple is that! Can you imagine how sad the day would be if you didn't wake up!
2. Breathe - Sometimes when the day is getting to me I just stop for a moment and breathe. Sometimes that moment even happens before I even leave my bed.
3. Smile - I really think if you just keep a smile on your face your whole day will be filled with smiles. Your mood will better and the people you encounter will have better moods, too.
4. Be kind - Something as simple as opening a door for someone will make you feel all nice inside.
5. Do less - Now I could just be lazy but when I feel like I'm overloaded I just make a list of what is important today and what can wait until tomorrow. I feel a lot better when I'm not overwhelmed.
It is a pretty generic list but it does the job. Maybe I will make a list of the specific things that make me have a better day.