Friday, January 3, 2014

Book-A-Thon

Bout of Books
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
-----------------
Time Devoted to Reading
I will be reading whenever I can, which isn't far from what I normally devote to reading :)
My Goals
Read at least 3 books
Blog about said books
Books to Read
I haven't really picked out any books to read. I will definitely have to make a shopping trip if the cold outside isn't too much to handle.
Updates
Monday
Reading: Looking For Alaska by John Green
Number of books I've read today:
Total number of books I've read:
Books:
Tuesday
Reading: Hope Was Here by Joan Bauer
Number Of books I've read today: I finished Looking For Alaska, Hope Was Here
Total number of books I've read: 2
Wednesday
Reading: The Sweetest Thing
Number of books I've read today: Eh, This one looks long! We will see!
Total: 2
Thursday
Reading: NOTHING! Woah.
Number of books I've read: 3
Friday
Reading: Ok. Break over. I'm reading Adam And Eve And Pinch Me by Ruth Rendell

General thoughts: I'm having a lot of fun! I'm lucky enough to work next door to a store with tons of cheap books. I'm pretty sure at this point I'll meet my goal of 3!

update- I finished The Sweetest Thing. That book spoke straight to my soul. I love it <3 3 books completed!







3 comments:

  1. Go you Meagan! I hope you really enjoyed Looking for Alaska! I've heard great things about Bauer's books as well.

    My Bout of Books Updates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking For Alaska was sad. I'm a sucker for happy ending and this just...made me sad. It was a good book despite not leaving feeling wonderful.

      Delete
  2. Two books down! That is great :) And 'A Sweet Thing' is a monster! I haven't read it yet, but it is sitting on my shelf... intimidating me! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete