Friday, January 10, 2014

Happiness

I'm quite fond Jone's Soda. Not only do they taste really good but underneath the cap is a little treasure. I look forward to unscrewing the cap and seeing what the "fortune" says. I know it is silly. It just seems like they come at the right time. Even when they seem silly and are things like "Climb a tree". 

One this day I unscrewed this particular soda and underneath the cap was "Stop searching. Happiness is right next to you.". The words hit me like a book in the face. I would be lying if I didn't admit I wasn't having the best day. 


I looked right next to me and my son was on the couch. Of course, he is my happiness. He always has been. I didn't need a soda cap to tell me that. Just look at that sweet face.


The part that shook was 'Stop searching.'. I don't if I was searching or holding on. I don't know if I can say I stopped or going to stop searching. It just made me realize that, in the midst of a bad day, I already have my happy. If things go bad and don't work out in life or love. I will always have my son. He is my happy.

1 comment:

  1. A lovely post and lovely thought. Children are our joy. Getting them to adulthood is filled with challenges but there is nothing more rewarding.

    ReplyDelete