Monday, January 6, 2014

My Word

I already have a list of goals for the new year but I really like the idea of 'one word'. I thought that it would be difficult to find the one word for my year but it was actually easy. I was scrolling along my instagram news feed and the word of the day I follow was there.

The word is ENAMORED.

As soon as I saw it I knew it was the perfect word. I promise I felt butterflies in my tummy and a smile was on my face. Not too different from actually being enamored with something or someone. That feeling of being around your crush. Playing with your child. Looking over at your boyfriend. Getting a latte from Starbucks. Picking up a new book. Being in the middle of the new book. Listening to your child tell you about their day. Taking a walk and the sun is shining on you. Holding hands with your boyfriend. etc etc...

All of those things make me feel wonderful. They bring out the butterflies in my tummy and that smile on my face. How can anyone argue with that? My word of the year is enamored. I want to feel that feeling all year. I want to be in love with everything(or most of everything). I'm already 6 days in to the new year and I feel like I'm walking on clouds.

 Life is good. Life is good when you are in love. Life is good when you are in love with life.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a happy positive post :) Yay for happy feelings. Great word choice for the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great word! I love it!

    ReplyDelete