Wednesday, January 1, 2014

If I had A Say In It

If I had a say in it...

The person I want to spend the rest of my life wouldn't be perfect. He will make mistakes. Small ones and unfortunately big ones. He will make mistakes but he will learn from them. He will try not to repeat the same mistakes twice but because he isn't perfect that might happen, anyway.

The person I want to spend the rest of my life with would be kind. He would be kind not only to me but everyone and everything around him. He would be the type of person who will drop change in a homeless person cup while we are walking through the city. He will be the type of person to pull over on the side of the road to help someone that has a flat. He will be the type of man to be kind to me. He will only shout at me if I'm on the other side of the house and he needs to tell me something. He will never strike me. He will never hurt my heart on purpose.

The person I want to spend the rest of my life with will push me in my life. Sometimes I need a good push.

The person I want to spend the rest of my life with will love my child as if it is his own. He will be kind to him. He will include him. He will take him to play in the park when I can't. He will give him piggy back rides around the house. He will hold him when he is having a bad night. He will fall asleep in the chair beside his hospital bed if/when my son goes.

The person I want to spend the rest of my life with will have an amazing work ethic. He will want to provide for his family. He will make sure we have everything we need and then probably some more that we don't really need. He will never give up. He will find another door when one closes.

The person I want to spend the rest of my life with will be willing to compromise. He will know that it is not his way or the highway. He will find a middle ground and be okay with that.

The person I want to spend the rest of my life with will listen to me. He will listen to me when I can't fall asleep at night. He will listen when I had a bad day. He will listen to my goals and my dreams. He will listen to me when I'm upset. He will also comfort me during that time, too. He will have the most amazing ears any man could ever have.

The person I want to spend the rest of my with...will be all of these things and so much more.

To Be Continued...

1 comment:

  1. To me, kindness is a huge factor to look for in a good man! :)

    ReplyDelete